Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Making Memories

Update on September so far (warning: picture smorgasbord to follow):

1. Labor(less) Day
We spent Labor Day 2011 at home.  It was beautiful so we tried to spend as much time as possible outside.  We took Deane's new bounce house outside and laid out blankets for Kate and I to play on.
I may have been lounging a lot and taking pictures of the sky and yard.
This early bounce house play was of course followed by ball chasing, kicking, and throwing.

2. September 9th/10th Visit to Floortime Therapist in Northbrook, IL - We didn't actually take any photos at our session (which was great), but we also had a little fun in between our two appointments....At the Kohl Children's Museum
totally fascinated by how this works; stared for about 15 minutes

kissing the butterfly he pulled out of his book immediately after buying it in the gift store
Visiting Rainforest Cafe (which Deane indicated he wanted to do), but it was clearly more excitement than we could handle after a long day
And we finally accepted that Deane was going to be up until he decided he was tired (after we tried to put him to sleep at 8).
3. Returning from the Chicagoland area on the 10th, I turned around and headed to Iowa City to celebrate my sister's birthday (a couple weeks after the real deal since she was tied up).

4. I returned with my parents from Iowa City on Sunday morning, September 11th, to head to Grandma Frye's 80th birthday party at 11AM.
Kate in the midst of her cousins

Deane and Uncle Andy playing cars

The kids starting to pose in front of Grandpa Deane and Grandma Lois

Frye Family 2011 (missing just 3)
We spent the evening at home, outside...picnic blanket dinner and playing with balls in the yard



5. Monday, September 12th - Dinosaur Baths on the deck
Deane is using his pockets a lot lately and I love it!
And Kate is a happy girl who knows what she wants


6. Saturday, 17th - We journeyed to Iowa City for a small college reunion of my two besties from UI.

Group tailgate moment

Chris and I enjoyed the game downtown with sister Nicole, boyfriend Virgil, and cousin Chloe.
And then my family has been sick since Sunday.  Deane actually fell asleep at 4:45 PM and slept for 14 hours!  He has just started saying "sleep" instead of "weeps"...happy for him, but sad to see some of this baby cutesness disappearing.

They look sick, don't they?  :)


2 comments:

  1. No more weeps? Too bad. Would have been super cute at 18 years old. I will miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Andy Frye I know; it's a sad thing. I need to keep track of these things. I totally missed when he stopped say "Dis NO!"

    ReplyDelete