Saturday, September 24, 2011

Anniversary Date

Sorry bad lighting, shameless posing
Chris and I went out on our anniversary date last night.  We went to Lavender Crest Winery for their Friday Night Wine Down.  We had a good time (enhanced by a $25 gift certificate we acquired), but were home by 9:30.  We watched some shows we had DVR'd (it's a word!) this week and Chris was struggling to stay awake so we went to bed by 11:15.  We're so fun these days!  :) 

Our anniversary is actually the 27th, but we had a babysitter (thanks Mom & Dad), so we jumped on it.  I usually get a little sentimental and want to look at our photos so I thought I would summarize the day.

There was posing...

A ceremony that I don't really have photos of...I have a video, but I will spare you :)  Apparently the wedding Mass was followed by crying and hugging.
Then at the reception there was wine and roses
 cake (no cake smashing action here folks) and those yummy cream cheese mints

There was dancing...
My parents getting down :)

Looks like a line dance
Friends having fun...
There were "moments"

and even time for appreciation


It would be so much fun to live it again and have all those we love in one place, but we will have to savor the memories and see you all at our 50th anniversary party. ;)

Update: I forgot on the way to our dinner we passed a group of hot air balloons confirming to me that it was going to be a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment