Tuesday, September 27, 2011

8 years together

Today I've been married to Chris for 8 years, which is somewhat surreal to me when I consider everything that has happened in 8 years. 
Wedding Day 9/27/03

Summer 2011 Family Photos
We have lived in 4 Homes
Coralville Duplex

Muscatine apartments
Muscatine house
Our house now (picture Aug 2010)

We have had two 2 children

Chris & Deane Sept 2008
Chris & Kate Oct 2010
and 1 Dog
Roxie our soon to be 8 year old dachshund
We have been on countless adventures like drinking Margaritas made from unmarked bottles on the street,
Rosarito Beach daytrip during our honeymoon
 ridiculously long bus rides,
NYC Bus Trip 2000 with Ecumenical Singers
 weeks of pure relaxation with ocean views,
our ocean "view" room at Hotel Del Coronado on our honeymoon
 luaus,
Maui with Grandpa & Grandma Frye 2000
 posing for goofy photos,
Jungle Island South Beach Miami on Orange Bowl Trip 2010
 kissing the Blarney Stone,
Blarney Castle 2007
 posing for more goofy photos,
NYC 2009
Savannah Trip 2007
and dinner on the beach with Rambo shot guy
The Office, Cabo San Lucas 2009
We have seen many heartbreaks, successes, joys, life lessons, and SO much love.

We've started a tradition of writing letters to each other and to our kids for their birthdays versus just cards because I think we've already given each other everything Hallmark had to say.  So, I'll keep the gushy stuff for Chris's personal letter, but it's important to me to tell the world what an amazing man I married. 

Wrestling photo from high school; I didn't actually meet him until after high school and the long hair was gone ;)
I thought he looked like trouble and I'm so glad I was wrong.  He couldn't be much more dependable and easy in his approach.  I love that there is a little part of him that occasionally shocks me with an opinion about something I thought he didn't care about.  He loves manly things like fires, beer, the great outdoors, wrestling, grilling, the Cardinals and the Hawkeyes, being a dad, and this stupid hat (below).
Chris & my brother, Andy, in Cabo

Deane's first Cardinals game
but he lets me temper that with button up shirts (he always rolls up the sleeves; it's his thing), dinner at fancy restaurants (much less frequently these days), laboriously planned outings, and hair product.  He does not hold purses (unless his mother-in-law would ask), doesn't understand little girls' outfits, and kills all the bugs and spiders in our house.  God made him to love me veraciously and intensely and be a father to his children naturally and adoringly.
Christmas 2009
I'm a lucky gal!  Happy Anniversary to my partner in this crazy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment