Saturday, August 20, 2011

Yummy Meat Sauce & Mommy Time

I was inspired to make some meat sauce from scratch for my Grandpa Deane's birthday (which is actually tomorrow).  He loves to can tomatoes, salsa, etc. so I hoped he would like my meat sauce.  I made enough for us to keep some too.  Chris was helping my parents move so we (the kids and I) had a laid back morning that involved a bit more TV than usual, but allowed me to get the sauce made.  This is the first time I've made with fresh tomatoes.  I use the sauce from this recipe (which is delicious lasagna).
 This was after I had scooped most of it out.  For the process to prepare the tomatoes, I referred to this website.
 I ate it yesterday over mozzerela, today over a leftover stuffed chicken breast, and Chris ate it over some frozen meatballs.  I promise it delicious.
My reference to Mommy time was just being able to make something yummy while seeing part of the Khloe & Omar wedding episode (guilty pleasure) and burning my Lilac candle from the Vintage Button.

I think this sauce will make for more yummy gifts in the future.  I hope Grandpa enjoys his!

No comments:

Post a Comment