Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Making Memories

Here's random rundown of current kid happenings.

  • I'm in the midst of putting together Deane's 3rd birthday party for this Sunday.  We will have a Cars theme and I hope he will really enjoy the way we've organized it.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Pinterest and use it daily to collect ideas.  I guess I'm a visual person and saving images rather than favorites is great for me.  Here's the board I made for Deane's Birthday.
  • This weekend Deane walked up to me and said "Eat Orange".  He's never eaten an orange before and when I've offered even mandarin oranges in syrup, he wants nothing to do with the.  I cut an orange in half and gave him a piece.  He tasted it and mostly sucked on it.  I gave him the rest of the half which he proceeded to play with but not actually eat.  Who knows where this stuff comes from?
  • Deane was also walking up to our fake plant and saying "smell the leaves" and then "ewwww".  This is huge because he understands the concept of smell to some extent!
  • Deane is into marching and the other night he came to get me to march with him.  Then, he grabbed a toy drum to carry along.  We were a marching band!  Again, very exciting that he is picking this concept up and wanting to pretend. (Note: the hat was added by Deane to my already highly attractive ensemble.)
  • We tried out the new Mexican restaurant, Los Charros, in my hometown and it was pretty good.  I mention this because Deane wore his new Hawkeye hat and I thought he was looking cute.
  • And finally Kate is everywhere!  She is intrigued by everything Deane does or has.  She would love to drink his sippy cup or eat the snacks in his snack cup.  Last week I caught her as she moved in to give Deane a little love and take his cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment