Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Baby Sister

"Baby Sister" is the nickname we call you most often, Kate.  Along with "Sissy" and "Sissy Sue".  I just laid you down for your morning nap and as I held you I was almost in tears struck by how palpable your preciousness is.  You are so tiny and sweet and I know each phase is fleeting.  It makes me wonder if this will be the last 9 month old baby of my own or will there be many more?  I'm cherishing those moments.

You are so easy to put to sleep because you do all the work.  I typically still give you a few ounces of bottle in the dark with your sound machine on, but you are equally agreeable to drinking your bottle laying on the floor in the middle of the living room before being shuttled to your room.  Most times I sing "You are my Sunshine" to you, but not today.  We were just quiet and cuddly.  You always suck your thumb and put your other hand, fingers splayed, over your eye and cheek.  It's quite adorable.  I only rock you a short time and lay you down on your tummy or side.  I cover you with a little yellow and white afghan that came from the hospital (of all of the pretty pink blankets we have).  I've tried to introduce my blanket from when I was little, but you haven't taken to that as well yet.

You are sunshine and sweetness.  I'm so thankful for you in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment