Wednesday, November 30, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Crafts: Button Garland

12 Days of Christmas Crafts continues with this knockoff button garland.
The original is actual Capiz Shell Garland from Ballard Design:
You can purchase this here
I'm all about making the alternative is it's cheap and easy.  This project cost me less than $1!
I purchased two ivory felt sheets from Jo-Ann Fabrics and traced circles on it using a sippy cup and a yellow marker.
Cut them out
Used a hole punch to add button like holes.  My hole punch wouldn't completely detach them so I trimmed them off with scissors.
I strung them on some twine I had, but you could use ribbon, etc.  I used them on a 4' tree in our bedroom along with some raw burlap just tied sporadically.

It's simple and very DIY.  More easy Christmas crafts to come!

9 comments:

  1. Really turned out great! I love it - I kinda have a thing for buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! so simple and fun-I wonder if the hole punch would be easier if they were starched first? I have had fun making felt garland this year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and folksy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute and simple! I hope you'll share this at our {Home for the Holidays} link party at The Corson Cottage. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really cute! I would love to have you stop by & link up to my blog this week if you have the chance...
    http://cookingwithkaryn.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-makes-you-say-mmmmm-4-and-bread.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ReMadeSimple Kristina
    Great idea, Kristina! I've never starched felt, will try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @The Corson Cottage
    Carrie, I'll be reading your blog - I'm only 30 minutes away in Sherrard! How crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @KarynKaryn - I just linked up! Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever idea - well done.

    I'd love for you to share this project over at my Inspiration Party at Simply Christmas ~ http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/12/inspiration-friday.html

    ReplyDelete