Tuesday, November 29, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Crafts: Advent Calendar

I've been working on finishing my Christmas decorating.  I thought I would share those ideas in the form of the 12 Days of Christmas Crafts...not consecutive days :)
Today I want to show you an easy-peasy advent calendar.  There are a myriad of adorable advent calendars and you can find some of my favorite on my Pinterest Christmas board.  I know it is November 29th, but it's not too late to pull together this advent calendar.  I'm going to make this as easy as possible.
The first step is to find a place to hang a ribbon, rope, string, etc. 
Next, I cut out tags on my Cricut, but you could use about anything - mini-envelopes, index cards, cardstock (just print these), etc.  I came up with a list of 24 activities/ways we will celebrate Christmas in December, typed them up in Word, printed and cut...wow, couldn't be easier, right?  Feel free to use my ideas (although I'm guessing you'll need to change a few things - like family names - I used Harrington font). 

I used Modge Podge to attach my numbers and activities.
When I see the varities of Modge Podge available, I have a Carrie Bradshaw/Manolo moment -  "Hello Lover"
Attach to the ribbon and you are ready to go.  I hope you'll embrace this chance to organize your holiday fun and have a plan for what you will do each day with your family to celebrate Christmas. 

2 comments:

  1. This is so simple. I think I may actually be able to complete it in time. Lol. I have a million projects at the moment. Thank you for the great idea. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.
    Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    P.S. More the Merrier Monday ends tonight. Stop by and link up if you have not already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a good, simple advent calendar that i might have actually considered doing, since we have a "string strung" in the hallway already and I could just clear off all the pictures and cards that are now hanging there and pin up some of these cute tags... HOWEVER.. nah. i am trying to "do less" this year, which is actually quite hard! I like, thought, that your advent is not "treat-centered". Thanks for the fun idea! here from the tip junkie's homemade projects linky :-) angie @ seriouslyahomemaker

    ReplyDelete