Wednesday, December 7, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Crafts: Christmas Morning Shirts

Do I want my family to look like this on Christmas morning?
These adorable pajamas can be found here.
YES!  I want someday for Chris and I to look like this models and for our whole family to be in coordinated Christmas-y goodness.  In the meantime, my children will be wearing cute jammies that their Grammy so generously bought for them and for us...we'll wear these slightly sarcastic homemade (aka free) PJ shirts on Christmas morning.

I apologize that I couldn't bring myself to iron our pajamas for this picture :)
We have a bit of a "Merry & Bright" theme going on with the pegboard canvas I did and our Christmas cards.  I don't know where this idea came from, but as I was driving home today, it just popped into my head.  This was a 15 minute project and cost me $0 (you would need a couple of basic supplies to do this).

1. I rounded up an undershirt for Chris and an old maternity tank for me.
2. I cut out the words "merry" and "bright" on my Cricut on cardstock.  You could easily choose whatever font you like, print it out and cut it yourself or use a pre-made stencil.  I cut my letters to a 2.5" height.
3. I laid out the letters to my liking and then used stencil adhesive to attach them since I don't trust my ability to hold them in place.
4. I placed a little board, but cardboard would do, in between layers.
5. I used a red Sharpie to trace the letters.  I suggest moving continually while the pen is touching the fabric and using light pressure.  This is the first time I've used Sharpies on clothing so there is a lot of room for improvement. 

In case you're curious, Chris did think this was funny, but I'm not banking on any cute photos of us wearing them Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment