Saturday, December 11, 2010

"My Mom Loves These..."

Highlight & Low moment of the day...

Chris and I had the privilege of Christmas shopping today without kids.  My mom watched them and they were angels of course.  We got done early, completely skipping Toys R Us, and also enjoyed lunch together at Crabby's in Coal Valley.  Before Chris arrived in the QC from floor duty in Muscatine, I stopped in Victoria's Secret and this is where the low moment of the day came...

I had a gift card and wasn't sure how much was on it.  I am in desperate need of new underwear after two pregnancies in the last three years.  I asked about a style I previously had and was directed to them.  I looked through the pile and there were no XLs - news flash, I'm an XL and I've been long enough that I don't think it's that shocking.  I asked another clerk if they carry XLs (sure they the ones I have are XLs, but thinking it could have been long enough that policy had changed) and they do in the "high waisted cotton brief" - AKA Granny Panty.  But these are granny panties from Victoria's Secret so they come in pretty colors.  I wasn't sure if I would like these so I grabbed a couple pairs (after they discussed the location of the only XLs in the store over their cute little headsets during one of the busier shopping days of the year) and got in line.  The sales clerk who was approximately 4 years younger than I am, maybe 6, informed me that I would get a much better deal if I got more pairs so I obliged.  I was sweating at this point because of my embarassment over locating the size and was ready to be done.  When I set my five pairs of beautiful, big panties on the counter, she responded, "My Mom loves these."  There was no further conversation.

High point:
Chris and I are up after putting the babies to bed.  Christmas tree lit, votive candles lit, "It's a Wonderful Life" playing, presents being wrapped, gift tags cut with the Cricut, and the topper...hot chocolate with candy cande pieces and creme de menthe.  The best part about the hot chocolate is that Husband is wonderfully brilliant enough to figure out that he should pre-warm the water in the coffee pot.  I don't drink coffee and this would never have occurred to me.  He's brilliant...and cute.  I love him.  Back to the wrapping...

No comments:

Post a Comment