Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Crockpot Fun

Crock pot Swiss Chicken (cousin Tina Tippett's recipe) Ingredients:
5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6-7 slices Swiss cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can of milk
Box of stuffing mix
2 sticks melted margarine
Directions:
Lightly grease crock pot with cooking spray.
Brown chicken. Place breasts on bottom.
Top with cheese.
Stir together soup with milk; pour over cheese.
Sprinkle stuffing mix over soup layer.
Drizzle melted butter on top layer.
Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-6 hours.

Verdict: This was delicious and quite rich.  We gave it a 9.
 
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

Verdict: We ate this on a football Sunday with my brother Andy.  The boys LOVED it.  I think I would try it with crumbled bleu cheese next time and we have to experiment with various wing sauces.  I used Hy-Vee brand this time.  We also lightly toasted the buttered rolls.  The boys give it a 10.
 
Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Verdict:  We ate this for one of our Christmas meals.  I'm not a roast person.  After it was cooked I threw in some red potatoes and carrots and put it on low for two hours.  We ate it with horseradish sauce too.  I would call it a 6, but the guys seemed to like it quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment