Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas can be wearing

I was very excited about this weekend as the kick off of Christmas for us.  We had a family Christmas on my side Saturday night and two of Chris's today.  I knew today would be a long day for us at home with people coming and going and my cooking for two meals, but I didn't take into account that the day before would have such an impact. 

I went into Saturday's event already very tired, emotionally (not interested in disucssing that here yet) and physically from cooking and caring for the kids.  I also stayed up pretty late on Friday, but had a much needed night out with my parents and sister.  I so want to be a cool mom that just lets things happen and lets kids work it out, but since my child is always the agressor, I feel I must intervene.  I don't do this well sometimes.  Last night it took the form of ripping a block out of Deane's hand because I knew he wanted to get into a brand new Christmas gift of his cousin's.  He was overly tired and just generally not behaving well.  Chris tried to put him to sleep in the basement and he screamed during an otherwise quiet part of the evening so everyone could hear.  It was just exhausting for several reasons and sadly, not the family Christmas event I was looking forward to.  I think I miss the relaxation of those events mostly. 

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment