Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday's Accomplishments

This morning I realized as I was brushing my teeth tat I had been up for 2.5 hours already.  Chris had to work so he left about 8 and I proceeded to do two load of laundry, bathe all of three of us, have a little photo shoot of Kate in her Christmas dress that I didn't really capture, feed Deane, feed Kate twice, load the dishwasher, etc. before brushing my teeth.

I also got all of the Christmas decorations moved from the theatre room into the closet which needed to happen for about two weeks.

Tonight's accomplishment was that we had a little night out for $19.27.
First we went to the mall and bought a birthday gift using Chris' Simon gift card.  So I ended up paying $2.95.
Then we tried out Los Amigos in Cumberland Square in Bettendorf and used our B1G1 coupon from the Dining Guide.  We ended up spending $16 with tip. We were in and out in less than 25 minutes - it is Mexican, but we were also probably hilarious as we sucked down our drinks.  I nursed while eating and Deane sat on his own for most of the meal and in a booster for a short time.  We both had one free hand to work with .  It was quite a sight.  The food was decent and it was a cozy little neighborhood place with friendly service - not traditional Mexican.
Then we went to Coldstone for my birthday free ice cream which Chris, Deane and I shared.  I had to pay $.32 for it.
Success...kids in bed...margaritas with Cabo Wabo (from last year's trip to Cabo that we hadn't opened).
We were out of the house for about 2.75 hours, so not bad.

And now we're watching Bridges of Madison County.  Chris freely admits that he's trying to score some points.  I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment