Friday, January 7, 2011

A Day at Home & yummy dinner

I was fortunate to stay home today.  Since I've been back to work for one day, I'm already appreciating it more.  It was normal...which was great.  Mom came over mid-morning and we went to Hy-Vee.  I didn't use a single coupon, but took advantage of the 3 Day Sale at Hy-Vee.  Spent $73.  How can you not stalk up on 3.99 wine???? 

Deane took a 3.5 hour nap, ate french fries for lunch and wouldn't eat dinner after having 4 glasses of milk.  I discovered the Taylor Swift sog "Never Grow Up" and I want everyday of his to be just like this.  He's so cute in his tight little one piece jammies.

Kate is charming at 10 weeks.  That's impressive. 

Here's what I made for dinner:

Annie's White Pizza with Carmelized Onions


Ingredients:
Pizza dough (Pillsbury)
3/4 Sweet Onion
8 oz. Cream Cheese
2-3 oz. Bleu Cheese
1 T. minced Garlic
Directions:
Add 1 T of minced garlic to 8 oz. cream cheese. Precook dough for a few minutes as package instructs. Carmelize ¾ yellow onion in olive oil, salt & sugar. Spread cream cheese mix across cooled dough. Add onions and bleu cheese. I also put some green olives in one corner.

I cut up a tomato and put olive oil, balsamic vinear and some roasted garlic sea salt on it.  I let it sit in the fridge for a couple hours and the salt was yummy.
 
Verdict:
We really loved the pizza.  I think it was a 9.  Chris says 8.5/9.

No comments:

Post a Comment