Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday, Friday, Gotta Get Down on Friday

You have to admit it's a catchy song!?!

Today has been typical of us even though we are not very typical.  Chris is opening his first of two apartment buildings in Milan today.  He had two move ins and was fairly stressed by how unprepared he felt the bulidings were, but of course he'll figure out how to make everything perfect.

This morning Kate took an unexpected early nap so we waited for her until around 10 to go to the grocery store.  I need to try out online grocery shopping as Erica recommended to me, but I didn't plan ahead enough.  Having a baby in a carseat in the "bucket" of the cart and a toddler in the seat doesn't allow much room for groceries not to mention my totes and purse.  Deane ended up sitting between a box of diapers and frozen vegetables.  About a month ago, I first let Deane get a free cookie at the bakery (which I think all Hy-Vees do for kids, in addition to a balloon, piece of cheese, etc.) and now he remembers every time we are in a grocery store that he gets a cookie.  This is exciting for me because he's generalizing this information. 

Since today is Grandpa and Grandma's wedding anniversary, I made up a dinner and dessert for them (for tomorrow as they are going out tonight).  We are having the same thing:
Salsa Rice Chicken Casserole - Chris gives it an 8.5
Cream Filled Strawberries - Chris gives it a 9.25.

After the grocery store, we hurried home to sneak in some cooking and quickly met Mom at McDonald's to give her Kate since she had just dropped off Nicole at the airport for her trip to LA.  Deane's session at the Quad City Autism Center went well today.  He's doing great and I enjoy his instructors and how much their care for him.  He has just started enjoying swinging, but still prefers to do so in a protected way either in a sling or with a therapist (at his OT).   Here he is today just leaning back and enjoying it.

He fell asleep just before we got home and is napping on the couch now.  I thought maybe I should try cutting his nails while he is sleeping since this is a big challenge for us.  His response was to wake up enough to do this:

We had dinner, gave Kate a bath and put her to sleep.  Deane is playing trains and Andy is visiting.  Should be a simple Friday night...that's perfect for me.  We have a date night tomorrow...I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment